FF BEQUEST LIMITED - COMPLAINT HANDLING PROCEDURE
We always want to provide the best possible service for our customers but recognise that sometimes you might be disappointed with our service. If you are dissatisfied by the service we have provided to you, you can make a complaint to us. By making a complaint, you are giving us the opportunity to investigate and improve our services for everybody.
To make a complaint, please contact us using the information provided in this procedure. We will then review your complaint and provide you with our response. If you are not satisfied with the response we have provided, you can escalate the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service for their decision.
If you wish to make a complaint about our service, you can do so using the following details:
By Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Online via Live Chat: www.bequest.com and www.bequest.app
By Mail: Founders Factory, Northcliffe House, Young Street, London, W8 5EH, UNITED KINGDOM
By Telephone: +44 020 3916 5433
We aim to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. To help us do this, please provide the following when making your complaint:
- A description of your concern
- What you would like us to do to put things right
- Your name and email address
- A phone number and the best time to contact you
Shortly after receiving your complaint we will send you a prompt acknowledgement in writing, letting you know that we have received the complaint and that we are looking into it. We will also let you know when you should receive our response, which we will always aim to provide within 8-weeks from the day you made your complaint. We will then keep you updated on the progress of your complaint up to the time when you receive our response.
Before we will respond to your complaint, our complaint handler will investigate the circumstances surrounding your complaint and which led to it being made. They will look at why you have made your complaint and investigate what might have gone wrong. Then, within 8 weeks from the date of your complaint, our complaint handler will send you either:
- A final response addressing the complaint and outlining your right to appeal with the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are dissatisfied with the resolution of your complaint; or
- A written response which explains why we are still not in a position to make our final response, giving reasons for the further delay, indicating when we expect to be able to provide our final response and informing you that you can now refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are dissatisfied with the delay.
If your complaint is upheld, we will confirm this in writing to you, including any suitable recourse, where applicable. If we consider it appropriate to offer redress or remedial action, we will promptly comply with that offer should you accept this.
If we reject the complaint, we will give reasons for doing so in writing.
If you are not satisfied with our resolution of your complaint, you can escalate your complaint to The Financial Ombudsman. Please see below for further information on how you can escalate your complaint.
The Ombudsman cannot consider a complaint if the complainant refers it to the Financial Ombudsman Service:
- more than six months after the date on which the respondent sent the complainant its final response, redress determination or summary resolution communication; or
- more than:
- six years after the event complained of; or (if later)
- three years from the date on which the complainant became aware (or ought reasonably to have become aware) that he had cause for complaint;
unless the complainant referred the complaint to the respondent or to the Ombudsman within that period and has a written acknowledgement or some other record of the complaint having been received.
If you are not satisfied with our resolution of your complaint and you have allowed us the 8-week timeframe to respond to your complaint, you can escalate your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (‘FOS’) at:
By post at:
The Financial Ombudsman
Harbour Exchange Square,
By telephone: 0800 023 4567
Via email and their website: email@example.com,https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/
If you wish to raise your complaint to the Ombudsman, you must do this within six months from the date of our final response unless we have expressly said otherwise within our final response.
Information regarding the FOS can be found within the leaflet attached with our initial acknowledgment or through the Financial Ombudsman website:http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/consumer-leaflet.htm
You can find more information on the services provided by the Financial Ombudsman Service by visiting their website (link above).